Opening this summer , the new expansion will feature the areas of London, Diagon Alley, and Knockturn Alley. These new areas will host a variety of shops, two eateries, and even a new thrill ride based off of the Gringotts break-in, seen in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. In addition, guests will be able to travel between the two areas (London and the Wizarding World) on a replica of the Hogwarts Express.
Along with this, Universal released beautiful concept art of the expansion. Everything looks absolutely stunning, and we can’t wait to see it all come to life!
(Note: Interestingly, they did not release concept art for the Leaky Cauldron)
View concept of the expansion here:
Diagon Alley | Hogsmeade Station | Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts ride | Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor | King’s Cross Station | London Embankment | Ollivanders |Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes | Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment
Here’s a recap of the webcast via the press release:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will give visitors the exciting opportunity to:
- Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts,which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
- Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron
- Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
Are you excited for the expansion? Will you be visiting Universal Orlando? Tell us in the comments below!